Children’s Ministry Director
Come join our growing ministry! Auburn United Methodist Church is seeking a part time Children’s Ministry Director to lead our K-5th grade children’s programs. If you are a follower of Christ, want to be part of a loving church and have the calling to foster the spiritual development of children the application is now open!
This is a part time paid position under the supervision of the pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC). The Children’s Ministry Director will plan and implement various children’s programs that intentionally and directly affect the spiritual development of children (preschool through 5th grade) at Auburn UMC. High School diploma or GED equivalent and some college preferred. Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Uphold the Christian faith as expressed by the United Methodist Church.
- Show Christian love (be polite, friendly, and courteous) to all children, youth, parents, volunteers, staff, and congregation regardless of race, social or economic background.
- Collaborate with the Pastor and Age Level and Family Ministries Committee (ALFM) in designing and implementing an overall ministry with children.
- Develop a coordinated, publicized 3-month plan for children’s ministry. Media may include calendars, newsletters, bulletin inserts, email, text message distribution groups, website, social media, etc.
- Encourage and involve children in district and conference ministries including camps.
- Lead “Children’s Moments” once a month in order to build relationships with children as well as familiarity with other congregants.
- Develop an annual budget for children’s ministry in collaboration with the pastor.
- Present regular reports on activities and expenses to the Church Council.
- Abide by and ensure that Safe Sanctuaries policies are met, always encouraging the safety of children, youth and adult participants. This includes arranging adequate volunteers/transportation for any and all activities, on and off campus.
- Attend Church Council meetings as job function requires.
- Operate all financial matters relating to the children in a transparent manner.
- Refer all matters of pastoral care, including but not limited to academic or family life issues to the pastor.